With the holiday season on its way and COVID-19 proximity guidelines in effect for the foreseeable future, you may be forced to ship a jewelry gift to a loved one. It’s not recommended to just throw a valuable item like a ring, necklace, or any other jewel in a mundane package and drop it in a dropbox!
Here are a few tips on how to make sure your gift reaches its destination.
- Make sure you wrap it properly. Multi-layering (box, bubble wrap, and a padded envelope) is a good idea, just in case one or two layers get damaged while being tossed around.
- Make sure you use the right materials to ship your package like heavy-duty tape, sturdy cardboard boxes and don’t forget to wrap it tightly so nothing shifts around during transport.
- Make your package look ordinary by not revealing its contents on labels or by giving hints about what’s inside it.
- Take your package to the postal service personally. No drop boxes, no delivery services. Make sure you get a tracking number and ask about possible insurance.
- Request a signature upon delivery.
- Don’t tell the postal service about the content you’re shipping.
- As a rule of thumb, go with registered mail. It’s longer but safer. Plan accordingly.
At SERAFINO, we care about your jewelry, so keep in mind that due to the current pandemic, most shipping services are operating at full capacity.
Before you ship that beautiful and thoughtful gift, you have to find it!
Please visit our online store for ideas and discover jewelry elevated to an art form!